1. I am a student of civil engineering, but I am interested in architectural designs. Can I participate in the event "Transparence"?
Yes, civil engineering students can also participate.
2. How many members can a team have?
A maximum of three members.
3. Can the team members be from different colleges?
Yes. You would need to register as separate teams and send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you would like to work together. In case the team members are from colleges of different zones, then we should be informed of what one zone (north, south, east or west) you will be representing.
4. Can we add or remove or change a team member after registration?
You could ask the new member to register as a separate team and send a mail to email@example.com stating that you would like to work together.
5. When is the last date for registration?
The last date for registration is 17th October, 2016.
6. When is the last date for submission?
Submissions should reach the following address by the 24th October, 2016
8/7 Alipore Road,
1. What are the contours of the site?
You may consider the site to be flat and devoid of contours.
2. How do we incorporate the principles of “Space in motion” in our designs?
What sets the performing arts apart from the rest of the art forms is that the artistic expression is through the physical presence of an artiste. The basic elements of performing arts:
- Performer and Audience – People,
- Time – Pace,
- Space – Place
3. Does the proposed site come in the restricted zone as per ASI due to Purana Qila.
The distance between the proposed site & Purana Qila exceeds 300m, hence the proposed site does not lie in the restricted zone for construction.
4. What is the total Site area?
13.51 acres, total site with the total unbuilt area of 11.06 acres.
5. What is the Permissible max. height?
26m , as per Building bye laws, 2016.
6. What is the permissible FAR?
1.2 , as per Building bye laws, 2016.
7. What is the permissible Ground coverage?
30%, as per Building bye laws, 2016.
8. What is the proposed Built up area?
The total built up area needs to be between 35,000 sq.m and 40,000 sq.m
9. What are the Setbacks to the site?
- Front- 15m
10. What are the Parking requirements to the site?
2ECS/ 100 sqm, as per Building bye laws, 2016.
*Please note that you may allocate space and entry and exits for parking. You needn’t design the parking itself.
11. What is the proposed land use of the Pragati Maidan area, as pper MPD 2021?
Metropolitan City Centre
- MPD, 2021 & Building Bye laws, 2016